Monday, June 11, 2012

Star Trek Idea Blog


So, in light of the fact that this blog has been neglected worse than America's need for renewable energy sources, I'm going to be shifting formats. I did all my reviews of the new 52, though my drunken layabout cousin didn't do his. If you don't like that he didn't hold up his end of the bargain, contact him at TyrannicalPolarBear@gmail.com, he responds pretty promptly and he loves threats.

The new format? In thoughtful discussions bursts of nerdy gchats with my friend Mike (who has an awesome site call http://mintconditioncollection.com/), we realized that we were both hungry for a new Star Trek series. The JJ Abrams Trek series is excellent, but Trek started on TV, and surely there's room for both film and TV trek to coexist. The only problem is that I don't own my own Hollywood studio, and I'm not independently wealthy. Okay, I am independently wealthy, but my investments are all tied up in my alpaca farm, Zach's Famous Alpacas. Please note that my alpacas are famous for their quality, they are not famous in the sense of being celebrities. I do not have Christian Bale-ish alpacas or anything.

But yeah, so in light of not having the liquid capital to finance my own new Trek series, I'm going to post ideas about what I'd like to see, what i think would work, what to avoid, in a new Trek series.

No comments:

Post a Comment